France presents the candidacy of Nicolas Guillou to a judge’s position at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for the period 2024-2033. This election will be held in New York in December 2023, at the 22nd Assembly of States Parties (ASP) to the Rome Statute.
Nicolas Guillou has participated in the following events:
- 8th International Criminal Justice Days organised in early February 2023 by the University of Paris II. Intervention on the current situation of the specialised chambers for Kosovo.
For more information: https://icp.u-paris2.fr/fr/8es-journees-de-la-justice-penale-internationale-2-3-fevrier-2023
- Ethica Project, 6 February 2023 in Nuremberg (organised by the ENM, the International Academy of Nuremberg Principles and the Syracuse International Institute). Intervention on ethics in international criminal justice.
For more information: France supports the Ethica project on ethical issues in international criminal justice
- Annual seminar on Justice and War organised by IERDJ on 15 February 2023 in Paris. Intervention on the theme International Criminal Justice: "between continuity and renewal".
For more information: https://gip-ierdj.fr/fr/actualites/justice-penale-internationale-entre-continuite-et-renouveau-entretien-avec-nicolas-guillou%ef%bf%bc/
- Rendez-vous de l’expertise organised by Expertise France on 29 March 2023. Intervention on wartime justice and transitional justice.
For more information: https://rdvexpertise.fr/evenement/justice-en-temps-de-guerre-comment-assurer-la-resilience-du-systeme-judiciaire/#.ZCWIYHZBxaQ
- Francophone moot court competition in international criminal law organised by The Hague Academy of International Law on 5 April 2023. N. Guillou chaired the semi-finals.
For more information: https://twitter.com/HagueAcademy/status/1643708818671411203
Last update: March 2023