Under the Dayton Peace Agreement, which was signed in Paris on 14 December 1995, the Peace Implementation Council Steering Board (PIC SB) is responsible for monitoring the implementation of these accords. France takes part in the PIC SB, which meets every six months in Bosnia and Herzegovina under the leadership of the High Representative. France also supports Bosnia and Herzegovina’s European horizons.
- 11 December 2018: Mr Igor Crnadak, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Mr Dragan Mektić, Minister of Security, took part in a ministerial meeting in Paris to discuss the fight against firearms trafficking in the Western Balkans.
- 11 November 2018: Mr Bakir Izetbegović, acting President of Bosnia and Herzegovina; took part in the 11 November commemorations.
- 19 May 2018: Ms Marina Pendeš, Minister of Defence, met with Ms Geneviève Darrieussecq, Minister of State attached to the Minister for the Armed Forces, at Lourdes during a visit to France.
- 8 November 2016: Mr Dragan Mektić, Minister of Security, met with Mr Bernard Cazeneuve, Minister of the Interior, during a visit to France.
- 4 July 2016: Mr Igor Crnadak, Minister of Foreign Affairs, met with Mr Jean-Marc Ayrault, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development, on the sidelines of the Western Balkans Summit in Paris.
- 11 July 2015: Mr Jean-Marc Todeschini, Minister of State for Veterans and Remembrance, visited Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 28 June 2014: Mr Jean-Yves Le Drian, Minister of Defence, and Mr Harlem Désir, Minister of State for European Affairs, visited Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In 2018, bilateral trade amounted to €228.7 million. In 2017, France supplied 2.1% of all Bosnian imports, making it the country’s eighth European supplier and 13th international supplier.
Our cooperation efforts centre around the Bosnia and Herzegovina Institut Français in Sarajevo, and its branches in Mostar and Banja Luka. The André Malraux Centre, which was established in Sarajevo during the conflict of the early 1990s, merged with the Institut Français in 2014.
Website of the Institut Français in Bosnia and Herzegovina: http://institutfrancais.ba/
An Internal Security Attaché (ASI) based in Sarajevo implements police cooperation actions aimed at combating organized crime, terrorism and illegal immigration.