North Africa and Middle East/B_descRubAff1>
How do you link the migrant crisis with the Syrian conflict? Does France act in Syria only to curb the number of migrants flocking to Europe? Refugee management is not the only determining factor in French policy on the Syrian conflict. We maintain long-standing relations with the Middle East, particularly with Lebanon and Syria. Furthermore, since the start of the Syrian crisis, France has been calling for a political transition which alone can address the legitimate aspirations of the (...)» Read more ...
In this section
- What is France doing to counter Daesh?
- What is Daesh?
- How is France countering Daesh militarily and politically?
- Financially, how is France taking action against Daesh?
- What is France doing to help the civilian populations subject to the barbarity of Daesh?
- France’s action within the coalition against daesh
- What are the objectives of France and its partners in the global coalition against Daesh?
- The Paris action plan (08.09.15)
- International Conference on the Victims of Ethnic and Religious Violence in the Middle East – Co-Chairs’ Conclusions (Paris, 08.09.15)
- French FM speaks out on Middle East crises (15.04.16)
- Understanding the Paris conference on the victims of ethnic and religious violence in the Middle East
- Victims of ethnic and religious persecution in the Middle East - Conference of September 8
- Security Council open debate on the victims of ethnic and religious violence in the Middle East (27.03.15)
- The victims of attacks and abuses on ethnic or religious ground in the Middle East - Statement by Laurent Fabius - ministerial-level UNSC debate (27.03.15)
- Christians in the Middle East - Interview given by Laurent Fabius to the newspaper La Croix (27.03.15)
- Fight against Daesh – United Nations – Draft Security Council resolution (12.02.15)
- Fight against Daesh – Ministerial meeting of the international coalition (22.01.15)
- Meeting between Laurent Fabius and Andrea Riccardi, founder of the Community of Saint Egidio (20.01.15)
- Fight against Daesh – Laurent Fabius’s participation in the ministerial meeting of the international coalition (03.12.14)
- Meeting between Laurent Fabius and the Syriac Catholic Patriarch of Antioch and All the East (20.11.14)
- Golan Heights – Kidnapping of blue helmets (29.08.14)
- Situation of the Eastern Christians - Communiqué issued by Laurent Fabius and Bernard Cazeneuve (28.07.14)
- 5+5 dialogue - 11th Meeting of the Foreign Affairs Ministers of the Western Mediterranean (22.05.14)
- Support for independent Arab media: CFI, operator of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, strengthens its position (January 2014)
- Laurent Fabius’s participation in the Regional Ministerial Meeting on Border Security (14.11.13)