The Embassy’s Cooperation and Cultural Action Service (SCAC) and Regional Economic Service (SER), and Business France are taking joint action to enhance cooperation in applied research and promote technological partnerships between France and Taiwan.
The 2013 initiative hinges on economic diplomacy and outreach diplomacy.
The initiative consists in promoting French competitiveness clusters in Taiwan providing French actors with enhanced information on Taiwan’s potential, with a view to encouraging technological and industrial collaboration.
Develop French business participation in Taiwan’s value chain particularly in the digital industry sector.
Actors and partnerships forged
This project is to provide a model of approach to cross-cutting work between the Cooperation and Cultural Action Service (SCAC), the Regional Economic Service (SER) and Business France.
A delegation of the following high-level representatives from Taiwan was invited to visit France in January 2014:
- Taiwanese administrations with responsibility for economic, scientific and technological affairs;
- Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI);
- Institute for Information Industry (III);
- Metals Industry Research and Development Center (MIRDC).In return for this invitation, a number of visits to Taiwan by French actors were organized in 2014:
- "Routes des Lasers" photonics competitiveness cluster, in March,
- French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation (Inria), in May,
- Minalogic competitiveness cluster, in September, and the signing of research collaboration agreements in the digital sector (III-Inria, III-UPMC - Pierre and Marie Curie University).
This strategy is continuing between the SCAC, the SER and Business France to structure actions with Taiwan partners in the area of technological innovation. Consistency is sought with the dialogue among the competent French and Taiwanese administrations in the framework of the France-Taiwan Industrial Cooperation Consultation Meeting. This approach is also implemented by partners such as the France Taiwan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIFT) and the local network of French foreign trade advisers (CCEs). An initiative has also been launched to rally the French business community in Taiwan to the French Tech dynamic, with a view to ultimately creating a French Tech Hub in Taiwan.
- French Bureau in Taipei (BFT)
- Business France (Ubifrance office) in Taipei *Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency (IFA) merged in January 2015 to become Business France
- France Tourism Development Agency – Atout France in Taiwan (in French)
- Alliance française in Taiwan (in French and Chinese)
- Campus France in Taiwan
- French Research Institute Abroad (IFRE) - French Centre for Research on Contemporary China (CEFC)
- Find the latest news from the cooperation and cultural action network at LatitudeFrance (in French)
Next week, our innovative network will discuss private cultural sponsorship in Italy.