Sanofi, Total, Autostrade per l’Italia, Altran Italia, Edison and the group Cariparma Crédit Agricole are six corporate sponsors that are keen to promote the spread of French contemporary arts in Italy. Fondation Nuovi Mecenati, which supports French and Italian contemporary arts, is collecting their contributions.
Financial support is granted to public or private, Italian or French cultural institutions for projects involving established or emerging artists that are likely to make an impact on the cultural scene. In exchange, the companies can publish information on their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities.
Fondation Nuovi Mecenati was recognized as promoting the public interest in October 2005.
Objective: strengthen cultural relations between France and Italy in the field of contemporary arts
This project targets professionals in the cultural sector as a priority and reaches out to various types of audience on Italian territory, with the aim of strengthening cultural relations between France and Italy:
- by supporting the movement of French artworks and artists within Italy;
- by funding events, residencies for artists, shows, etc.;
- by participating in coproduction projects and in audiovisual and television broadcasting.
Actors and partnerships forged
Six private companies (Sanofi, Total, Autostrade per l’Italia, Altran Italia, Edison and the group Cariparma Crédit Agricole) are currently members of Fondation Nuovi Mecenati.
They are represented on the board of directors, which meets twice a year to allocate funding to various cultural projects, especially those run by the Institut Français in Italy. The French Ambassador in Italy is the honorary chair of the board.
The foundation also has a general secretariat, which includes the cultural attaché who is responsible for administrative operations, and an artistic committee made up of four high-profile figures from France and Italy. Three auditors monitor the management and validity of the accounts.
A model of public-private partnership and financing
This foundation is a model of public-private partnership and financing. For the private partners, the expertise of the French Cooperation and Cultural Action Network abroad represents a guarantee of quality which justifies their investment.
This original scheme also enables predictable, multi-year financing of the seasons of the Institut Français in Italy, throughout Italian territory.
The advantages offered to the sponsors in return help to attract and retain their interest:
- the exclusive nature and high quality of the scheme;
- a special link with the French Embassy;
- special access to the Palazzo Farnese.The Italian Minister of Culture, Dario Franceschini, who wishes to boost private sponsorship through tax incentives, has shown interest in this type of public-private partnership.
Calls for projects are published on the Fondation Nuovi Mecenatiwebsite.
- French Embassy in Rome (in French)
- Business France in Milan on Twitter
- France Tourism Development Agency – Atout France in Italy (in French)
- Institut Français in Italy (in French)
- Alliances Françaises in Italy (in French)
- Campus France in Italy (in French)
- Find the latest news from the Cooperation and Cultural Action Network at LatitudeFrance (in French)
Next week, discover our innovative network project to promote Francophonie in Ecuador.