Since 2010, the Institut français in Israel has been organizing an annual forum on cultural industries, enabling French and Israeli professionals to meet with each other. Over two to three days, there will be a selection of round tables, professional "B2B" meetings, project presentations, pitches, showcases, strategic company tours for the relevant industry, as well as opportunities for informal discussions. The forums deal with the sectors of broadcasting (cinema, TV programmes, TV series, hosting) and the music industry.
- To create a space for discussions between French and Israeli cultural and economic decision-makers in the sector in order to identify the sector’s various institutional, cultural and economic stakeholders and create direct links between them;
- To facilitate creative and commercially-oriented relations;
- To create a bilateral working platform for initiating joint projects;
- To propose institutional, economic and cultural measures to facilitate the circulation of works, creation, knowledge-sharing, co-production, etc.
Promoting French creation
These forums combine a component for promoting French creation (film screenings, concerts, presentations of projects and technologies) and a component for the economic promotion of French cultural businesses (professional meetings, pitches, showcases).
The presence of prominent French cultural stakeholders is a great help in order to generate media interest. Furthermore, exhibitions, previews and concerts add a public dimension and increase media attention. These forums were planned in collaboration with local authorities (analysis of the local market, of needs, of market potential for French businesses and creators) and key sector professionals.
The work of organizing forums is led by the Institut français in Israel with the support of the Economic Mission and Business France, in close collaboration with public and private Israeli and French cultural and economic stakeholders, businesses and creators, including:
- the Israeli Ministry of Culture and Sport,
- the Israeli Film Fund, Rabinowitz Foundation,
- the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
- the Israeli Film and TV Producers Association
- French Embassy in Tel Aviv (in French)
- Business France (Ubifrance office) in Tel Aviv (in French)
*Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency (IFA) merged in January 2015 to become Business France
- French tourism development agency - Atout France in Israel (in French)
- Institut français in Israel (in French)
- Campus France in Israel (in French)
- IFRE – French Research Institutes Abroad: French Research Centre in Jerusalem (CRFJ) (in French)
This 24th project marks the end of the "Our innovative network" series. To remain up-to-date with the latest news from the Cooperation and Cultural Action Network, please sign up for the LatitudeFrance newsletter.