On October 5, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Minister of State for Tourism, French Nationals Abroad and Francophonie, attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, opened the 43rd edition of the IFTM Top Resa trade show, a key event for tourism professionals that showcases a number of travel sectors. Between October 5 and 8, this event highlights leisure travel, business travel, event-related travel and group travel, as well as French and international training programs in these areas.
On the sidelines of the trade show, Mr. Lemoyne met on October 6 with several of his counterparts:
- Egyptian Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled Al-Anani
- Greek Minister of Tourism Vassilis Kikilias
- Jordanian Minister of Tourism Nayef al-Fayez
- Portuguese Secretary of State for Tourism Rita Marques
- Dominican Minister of Tourism David Collado
- Mauritian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism Louis Steven Obeegadoo
- Sri Lankan Minister of Tourism Prasanna Ranatunga, and
- Croatian Minister of Tourism and Sports Nikolina Brnjac.
They reviewed the summer season following the resumption of travel, as well as the impact of Covid-19 on the tourism sector. This meeting also provided an opportunity to discuss the revival of the sector in a more sustainable, authentic way, and the various measures accompanying this revival.