Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development Jean-Marc Ayrault will attend the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg on June 20.
The ministers will discuss the following points:
- the Middle East peace process. The ministers will adopt conclusions, review steps taken following the conference hosted by France on June 3, and discuss efforts by the Quartet.
- the Sahel. The ministers will discuss the situation in the region, particularly in Mali, as well as cooperation with the G5 Sahel, and the fight against irregular migration.
- the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. They will discuss facilitation efforts by the European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighborhood Policy.
- Visa liberalization with Georgia and Ukraine. The foreign ministers will review this process in the wake of efforts by the Justice and Home Affairs Council.
- Arctic. The Council will adopt an EU strategy on the Arctic.