The French Development Agency (AFD) has just signed five financing agreements with the EU totaling €75 million aimed at supporting emergency efforts to combat irregular migration and its causes, in accordance with the commitments made by France at the summit in Valletta in November 2015.
These programs include:
- participatory development in Cameroon
- human security and development in northern Mali
- support for the agricultural sector in northern Niger
- support for initiatives by the Malian diaspora
- efforts to boost competitiveness and employment in Senegal.
The goal of these projects is to promote stability and security by addressing migration issues.