Youth, Education and Mobility Forum (Valetta, 24-25 April 2019)
« Investing in a #MediterraneanGeneration »
The Youth, Education and Mobility Forum is the second forum organized as part of the Summit of the Two Shores – Mediterranean Forum. It will take place in Valletta on 24 and 25 April 2019.
The Valletta forum focuses on the employability of young people in the Mediterranean, a key issue for regional integration. It aims to identify tangible solutions by discussing five areas for action: understanding the ties between education, mobility and employability; widening access to mobility programmes through virtual exchanges; developing a multicultural school open to the rest of the world; exploring the role played by young people in building tomorrow’s smart cities; and questioning the role of media and social networks in spreading messages (and even clichés) among young people.
Debate will focus on lessons learned from existing programmes, including some of the projects labelled by the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM). An evening of informal discussions between participants will take place on 24 April.
- The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Promotion of Malta
- The Anna Lindh Foundation
- The Università della Svizzera Italiana of Lugano
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) of Geneva
- The European Commission
- The Union for the Mediterranean (UfM)
- The Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies (MEDAC) of Malta
- The Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI)
- The World Bank Group
- The OECD
- The national youth agency of Malta, Aġenzija Żgħażagħ