Mediterranean Culture, Media and Tourism Forum (Montpellier, 2-3 May 2019)
“Creating new cultural momentum in the Western Mediterranean”
The Mediterranean Culture, Media and Tourism Forum is the fourth of five forums being held in preparation for the Summit of the Two Shores – Mediterranean Forum. It will take place at the Montpellier Hôtel de Ville on 2 and 3 May 2019.
The Montpellier forum is a new kind of event which is firmly focused on encouraging dialogue between both shores of the Mediterranean. It will give participants the opportunity to define tomorrow’s priorities for the Mediterranean region in three areas that are crucial for sustainable development and advancement: culture, media and tourism. The themes debated will be decided on during the first plenary discussion.
More than 250 participants from Algeria, France, Italy, Libya, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Spain and Tunisia will be called on to take part in the Montpellier event and draw up a positive agenda for the Mediterranean region. The cultural forum will help identify innovative, inclusive and ambitious projects as part of preparations for the Summit of the Two Shores in Marseille.
- The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- The French Ministry of Culture
- The Métropole Montpellier Méditerranée authority
- The Università della Svizzera Italiana of Lugano
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) of Geneva
- The Mediterranean and Middle East Research Institute (IReMMO)