The Institut français d’archéologie orientale (French Institute for Oriental Archeology - IFAO) and Institut français d’Egypte (French Institute of Egypt - IFE) hosted French Archeology Day in Egypt on May 21. The event was attended by the Egyptian Antiquities Minister Khaled el-Enany.
Representatives of French archeological projects in Egypt presented their work to the public to showcase the diversity and richness of the work carried out by French-Egyptian teams.
France is one of Egypt’s major archeological partners. More than 30 groups are working on different excavation and restoration sites nationwide.
The following people participated in the day’s events:
- Marie-Dominique Nenna, director of the Centre d’Etudes Alexandrines
- Christophe Thiers, director of the Centre Franco-Egyptien d’Etude des Temples de Karnak
- Christian Leblanc, director of the Western Thebes mission
- Pascale Ballet, director of the Bouto mission
- Claire Somaglino, co-director of the Ain Sokhna mission
- Laurent Bavay, director of the IFAO.