UNESCO/ Obiang Prize (Q&A - Excerpt from the daily press briefing - March 12, 2012)
A - All members of the European Union voted against this initiative.
We regret that this vote failed to take into consideration the opinion delivered by the Legal Counsel of UNESCO, who believes that the Statutes of the Prize, in their current form, no longer apply.
We will consult with our partners on what action to take in order to protect UNESCO’s prestige and credibility and we fully support its Director-General, Ms. Irina Bokova.
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films