Launch of the Conferences on Development and International Solidarity (November 5, 2012)
Mr. Pascal Canfin, Minister Delegate for Development, will open the Conferences on Development and International Solidarity on November 5, 2012.
A commitment on the part of President Hollande, these conferences will bring together from November 2012 to March 2013 - in order to participate in a dialogue on a scale not seen since 1997 - all development actors: administrations, NGOs, unions, businesses, foundations, local and regional authorities, national and European parliamentarians, research organizations and partners of the South.
These conferences are being led by Mr. Pascal Canfin under the authority of the Minister of Foreign Affairs. They will have the support of an interministerial committee led by Mr. Laurent Fabius which will bring together all of the administrations concerned.
This dialogue will cover all topics relating to development and international solidarity. It will be based on 5 thematic workshops aimed at updating France’s development assistance policy:
1) What is our vision of development beyond 2015, the target date set by the UN for achieving the Millennium Development Goals?
2) How can we improve the effectiveness and transparency of aid?
3) How can we increase the coherence of public policies to promote development?
4) How can we strengthen the partnerships with non-governmental development and international solidarity actors?
5) How are innovation and research included in development policies?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website will allow everyone to follow these debates and to participate in them through written contributions.
A high-level closing event in March 2013 will present the goals, priorities and the means to implement this updated policy.