Prior to the G8 summit in Lough Erne on 17-18 June, the Foreign Ministry is organizing a series of discussions between French and British civil society players on the theme of transparency for development. The seminar will be hosted by the Urban Community of Lille Métropole on 21 May.
Development Cooperation: a French Vision
Over the last two decades globalisation has gone hand in hand with major economic progress. Hundreds of millions of women and men have thus managed to rise out of poverty in India and China, as well as in the rest of Asia, in Africa and in Latin America.
Yet at the same time, inequalities between countries and between individuals within countries have increased. New sources of crises and tensions are emerging, to which the responses of the international community have shown their limits. Food security is still not guaranteed for a billion human beings. Global economic growth is taking directions that do not ensure the planet’s major balances: this is now a well-evidenced fact as far as the environment is concerned, and the recent crisis has shown that it also holds true for finance.
Worldwide, it is becoming clear that the benefits of globalisation are coming up against a lack of governance and collective action.
|Development Cooperation: a French Vision - (PDF, 1.6 Mo)|
In this section
- Pascal Canfin’s participation in Franco-British seminar on transparency for development (21.05.13)
- Funding to ensure access to health services for children in the Sahel (13.05.13)
- Pascal Canfin’s participation in the International Conference against Child Malnutrition in Sub-Saharan Africa (14-15.05.13)
- Launch of the national action plan to promote fair trade (29.04.13)
- Visit to Washington by Mr. Pascal Canfin (18-20.04.13)
- Pascal Canfin’s participation in the launch of the International Year of Water Cooperation (11.02.13)
- Presentation of the assessment “Gender and development” to Pascal Canfin (10.01.13)
- Launch of the Conferences on Development and International Solidarity (05.11.12)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is Taking Part in the 6th World Urban Forum (01-07.09.12)
- 4th Salon des solidarités - Parc des Expositions at La Porte de Versailles (01.06.12)