UN – Participation of Matthias Fekl in a Security Council debate on conflict prevention (New York, January 10, 2017)
It was organized by Sweden, which holds the Council presidency in January.
This debate was an opportunity for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to address the Security Council for the first time and to present his approach to conflict prevention.
Of the Security Council’s permanent members, France is the second-largest contributor of troops to peacekeeping operations. It also supports these operations directly through bilateral interventions such as Operation Barkhane in Mali.
- Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films
- Useful links
- The World Bank