Human rights - Jean-Marc Ayrault’s participation in the 31st session of the UN Human Rights Council (Geneva, February 29, 2016)
Jean-Marc Ayrault would like to reaffirm France’s resolute commitment to the universality of human rights and lend our support to the Human Rights Council. This forum has been mobilizing the international community in the face of the most troubling human rights situations for more than 10 years. It helps place the defense of human rights at the forefront of international issues.
On this occasion, Jean-Marc Ayrault will meet with the UN secretary-general, the high commissioner for human rights, the president of the International Committee of the Red Cross, the director general of the World Health Organization and the special envoy of the UN secretary-general for Syria.
- Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films
- Useful links
- The World Bank