Visit to New York by Pascal Canfin for the launch of the UN Working Group on sustainable development goals (March 14, 2013)
Pascal Canfin, Minister Delegate for Development, traveled to New York on March 14 to participate in the meeting to launch the UN Working Group on sustainable development goals. France, represented by Mr. Canfin, shares its seat in this group with Germany and Switzerland.
The goal is to establish a universal road map for the period 2015-2030 focusing on major objectives: the fight against poverty, food security, the fight against climate change, access to energy and water, and gender equality.
France will notably underscore the need to link the agenda for fighting poverty with the sustainable development agenda.
- Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films
- Useful links
- The World Bank