Appointment of Ms. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka as the head of UN Women (July 10, 2013)
France welcomes the appointment of Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka as Executive Director of UN Women. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka will bring to the post her experience as deputy president of South Africa and as a female politician engaged in defending and promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women.
The protection of women’s rights, the promotion of gender equality and the fight against gender-based violence are key priorities of France’s external action. In this respect, France reaffirms its attachment to UN Women, whose creation it supported and whose priorities it fully shares. It has developed several cooperation activities with this agency, notably by signing a framework cooperation agreement in May 2012.
- Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films
- Useful links
- The World Bank