Kidnapping of 21 UNDOF peacekeepers in the Golan Heights (March 7, 2013)
France strongly condemns the kidnapping of 21 UNDOF (United Nations Disengagement Observer Force) peacekeepers in the Golan Heights between Syria and Israel.
France demands their immediate and unconditional release and urges all parties to fully cooperate with the UNDOF. Any obstruction to UNDOF’s action or any act that puts its personnel at risk is unacceptable.
France reaffirms its full support for the UNDOF. It reaffirms that UN operations are carried out by neutral and impartial peacekeeping forces and should not in any way be attacked during a conflict.
- Permanent Mission of France to the United Nations
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films
- Useful links
- The World Bank