This international competition for young startups promotes projects based on high-impact scientific and technological innovations.» Read more ...
As many countries have recently come to recognise, science has an important role to play in diplomatic action, and France’s approach has long set an example in this respect.
Although science and research cooperation has always been seen as a key component of French foreign policy, the emergence of the concept of "science diplomacy" is an opportunity for France to fine-tune its positioning by formally establishing its strategic objectives and means of action.
France must look at ways of enhancing its contribution to research in the world scientific arena, deploying a policy of innovation to support the international strategies of French firms, encouraging scientists to undertake development research and acquiring the most effective resources to meet the challenges posed by global public goods.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) works at interministerial level, in close cooperation with the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR), to ensure the consistency of France’s action, and devotes all the resources of its diplomatic network to enhancing France’s attractiveness.
Update : april 2013
In this section
- Research and innovation through public-private partnerships
- Research, Development and Innovation Clubs: international dialogue and mutual aid
- Archaeology, humanities and social sciences
- Research grants for archaeological missions
- The network of French Research Institutes Abroad (IFRE)
- Cooperation in the space sector
- France’s role in European space policy
- Multilateral negotiations on space issues
- Monitoring France’s bilateral relations in the space sector
- France, the world’s second-largest investor in the space sector
- Innovation - Final round of Hello Tomorrow Challenge (25.06.15)
- 150th anniversary of the International Telecommunication Union - Matthias Fekl’s participation in the celebrations (27.04.15)
- Europe– Success of the IXV vehicle mission (11.02.15)
- European Organization for Nuclear Research – Appointment of Fabiola Gianotti as Director-General (04.11.14)
- France at the heart of the Rosetta space mission: a unique technological challenge
- Cultural network – Death of archaeologist Roland Besenval (29.09.14)
- Useful Links
- Investing in France