How has digital development transformed the news ? Has there been an improvement in news quality? These are recurring questions, which are taking on new aspects in 2013, as the transition to digital media accelerates throughout the world.
The 2013 4M Meetings open up the debate with 150 experts from 35 countries in Asia, Africa, Caucasus, the Balkans and the arab world. Journalists, bloggers and media entrepreneurs will all be converging on Montpellier from 12 to 14 June 2013 to gain more insight into media issues in the digital era.
The programme for these meetings has been geared around three 90-minute plenary session debates :
- Is Internet a credible media ?
- How can you open up your editorial team to the public ?
- Traditional media : what are the digital opportunities?
and 11 hands-on workshops on first-hand experience, lasting 45 minutes.
The programme also includes two open sessions, also lasting 45 minutes :
- New trends in online news, by Benoit Thieulin, Chair of the French Digital Council
- New economic models in the media, by Emmanuel Hoog, Chair and MD of AFP.
As well as six 30-minute sessions to present new practices and tools developed by players in emerging and developing countries.
From 7.00 to 10.00 pm on Thursday 13 June, there will be a Syria special open to the public: producing and broadcasting news in a conflict zone.
Learn more :