UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: extension of Navanethem Pillay’s term (May 15, 2012)
France welcomes the UN Secretary-General’s proposal for a 2-year extension of the term of Ms. Navanethem Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Ms. Pillay has shown resolute commitment to the promotion and protection of human rights around the world, with complete independence. France reaffirms its full support for the work and action of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, which, under Ms. Pillay’s leadership, has been able to take decisive action throughout her term.
France urges the General Assembly to endorse this choice so that she can continue her work.
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films