In his 2005 report “In larger freedom: towards development, security and human rights for all”, Kofi Annan reaffirmed that development, peace and security and human rights were inextricably linked. Recognition of the crucial nature of compliance with human rights was endorsed that same year by the Heads of State and Government meeting in New York for the “Millennium + 5” Summit. The United Nations reform adopted at the 2005 Summit integrated this approach.
Update : July 2010
- Guide to the United Nations
- Download the guide to the United Nations
- Current United Nations peacekeeping operations
- Main United Nations sites
- The United Nations in films