The UN and Syria
This report contains 55,000 photos relating to 11,000 detainees who were tortured and killed between 2011 and 2013 in several detention centers belonging to the Syrian regime. It constitutes a set of documents which confirm, on an unprecedented scale and in a systematic and structured way, the practice of war crimes and crimes against humanity. It comes on top of multiple reports by the International Commission of Inquiry on the human rights situation in Syria established by the UN Human Rights Council.
In this section
- Security Council Meeting on the “Caesar” report concerning mass torture perpetrated by the Syrian regime (15.04.14)
- Kidnapping of 21 UNDOF peacekeepers in the Golan Heights (07.03.13)
- Syria – Publication of the report by the UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria (19.02.13)
- New report issued by the United Nations Commission of Inquiry on Syria (21.12.12)
- Syria – Vote on a UN General Assembly resolution (27.11.12)