France and Qatar
The French authorities are strongly mobilizing their efforts to help them. Three of them – Mr. Belounis, Mr. Morello and Mr. Awartany – were notably received by President Hollande during his visit to Qatar in June 2013. The ambassador took every opportunityduring meetings with the highest Qatari authorities (notably the prime minister, the Emir’s cabinet and the minister of foreign affairs) to draw their attention to these cases.
The excellence of the relations between the leaders of the two countries no longer needs to be demonstrated. Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani is the first Arab leader to travel to Paris to meet with President Sarkozy after his election. In 2007 and 2008, he was the guest of honour at the 14 July parade. Accompanied by his wife, he made a State visit to Paris in June 2009.
Updated on 16.02.11
In this section
- Political relations
- Qatar – Situation of French citizens prevented from leaving the territory of Qatar (Q&A - Excerpt from the daily press briefing - 30.10.13)
- Qatar – Investigation into the fire at the Villaggio Mall shopping complex (14.06.12)
- Qatar – Visit by the prime minister and foreign minister (07.06.12)
- Qatar –Taliban representation (Q&A - Excerpt from the daily press briefing - 05.01.12)
- Diplomatic Photo Gallery
- France / Qatar (in French)