On the 20th anniversary of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), Jean-Marie Le Guen, Minister of State for Development and Francophonie, will take part in the summit of heads of state and government, during which he will deliver a speech on France’s role in the Indian Ocean.
France, which has more than a million citizens in the Indian Ocean region, joined IORA in 2001 as a “dialogue partner” and engages in an ongoing dialogue with several countries bordering the Indian Ocean focusing on issues of common interest.
- Key references
- Useful links
- More information on the website of the ministry (in French)
- ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Western Asia
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation