André Vallini, Minister of State for Development and Francophonie, will represent France at the 31st meeting of the Council of Ministers of the Indian Ocean Commission, which is due to open on February 26.
On this occasion, and on the 30th anniversary of our membership in this organization, our country will take over the presidency of the Indian Ocean Commission from Madagascar.
This the first international meeting that André Vallini will attend. He will present the three priorities of our presidency:
- security and the fight against terrorism;
- climate and environmental protection, with the implementation of the Paris Agreement;
- economic development, with the development of links between the islands of the Indian Ocean (notably in the air, marine and digital sectors).
During his visit to Réunion Island, André Vallini notably met with Béatrice Atallah, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Madagascar on February 25. He visited the Red Cross Regional Intervention Platform, responsible for disaster relief in the southwest Indian Ocean, as well as the premises of the French Development Agency.
- Key references
- Useful links
- More information on the website of the ministry (in French)
- ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Western Asia
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation