The minister telephoned Moussa Faki Mahamat, Chairperson-elect of the African Union Commission.
He congratulated him on his election and assured him of France’s commitment to working in close partnership with the African Union in all areas. France is committed to strengthening African crisis response capabilities and will support all African Union initiatives to that end.
Mr. Ayrault and Mr. Faki also discussed the issues of Libya, Mali, the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Central African Republic.
- Useful links
- More information…
- A changing partnership
- African continent topping the international agenda
- "Africanisation" of peacekeeping in Africa
- Crises and conflicts
- AU and crisis management: an improving mechanism
- African balance-sheet: shortcomings in economic performance
- More aid, debt relief - focus of French cooperation
- Priority action sectors
- Reform of France’s cooperation policy
- Africa: the Paris-London-Brussels axis is doing well
- African youth: a huge potential between instability and uncertainty
- Africa - land of migrations
- Mali, the host country : a tested model
- African culture(s): a different image of the continent
- The 22 conferences of heads of state from France and Africa
- The players in France’s cooperation