France warmly congratulates President of the Republic of Guinea Alpha Condé on his election as Chairperson of the African Union, as well as Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Chad Moussa Faki Mahamat on his election as Chairperson of the African Union Commission.
We look forward to continuing our close cooperation with the African Union aimed at promoting stability and peace throughout the African continent, as well as its sustainable development.
France welcomes the historic return of the Kingdom of Morocco to its rightful place within the African Union. This is a major step on the path toward ensuring the unity, stability and development of the African continent. France stands ready to work together with all African countries to achieve these goals.
- Useful links
- More information…
- A changing partnership
- African continent topping the international agenda
- "Africanisation" of peacekeeping in Africa
- Crises and conflicts
- AU and crisis management: an improving mechanism
- African balance-sheet: shortcomings in economic performance
- More aid, debt relief - focus of French cooperation
- Priority action sectors
- Reform of France’s cooperation policy
- Africa: the Paris-London-Brussels axis is doing well
- African youth: a huge potential between instability and uncertainty
- Africa - land of migrations
- Mali, the host country : a tested model
- African culture(s): a different image of the continent
- The 22 conferences of heads of state from France and Africa
- The players in France’s cooperation