Telephone conversation between Mr. Laurent Fabius and Ms. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chairperson-elect of the African Union Commission (July 18 2012)
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Laurent Fabius, telephoned Ms. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, to warmly congratulate her on her election as Chairperson of the African Union Commission.
The minister expressed his desire to receive Ms. Dlamini-Zuma in Paris in order to discuss with her the many challenges facing Africa and the opportunities presented by this continent of the future.
He reaffirmed that France is attached to a strong Africa, which implies the need for an effective Commission. In this respect, the minister assured Ms. Dlamini-Zuma of his confidence and his support.
- More information...
- A changing partnership
- African continent topping the international agenda
- "Africanisation" of peacekeeping in Africa
- Crises and conflicts
- AU and crisis management: an improving mechanism
- African balance-sheet: shortcomings in economic performance
- More aid, debt relief - focus of French cooperation
- Priority action sectors
- Reform of France's cooperation policy
- Africa: the Paris-London-Brussels axis is doing well
- African youth: a huge potential between instability and uncertainty
- Africa - land of migrations
- Mali, the host country : a tested model
- African culture(s): a different image of the continent
- The 22 conferences of heads of state from France and Africa
- The players in France's cooperation