Presidency of the African Union in 2014 (January 30, 2014)
France warmly congratulates Mauritanian President, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, on his election as chairman of the African Union in 2014. It expresses its full trust in the new chairman and wishes him every success in carrying out his mandate.
France pays tribute to the action of Ethiopian Chairman Hailemariam Desalegn whose term will end today. Thanks to him, the continent has demonstrated, notably through its resolute commitment to managing the crises in Mali, Somalia, the CAR, and South Sudan, its determination to work for peace and security.
At the Elysée Summit for Peace and Security in Africa, France reaffirmed its support for African integration which is a major focus of its relations with Africa. It looks forward to continuing to strengthen its partnership with the African Union and to supporting its initiatives.
- More information...
- A changing partnership
- African continent topping the international agenda
- "Africanisation" of peacekeeping in Africa
- Crises and conflicts
- AU and crisis management: an improving mechanism
- African balance-sheet: shortcomings in economic performance
- More aid, debt relief - focus of French cooperation
- Priority action sectors
- Reform of France's cooperation policy
- Africa: the Paris-London-Brussels axis is doing well
- African youth: a huge potential between instability and uncertainty
- Africa - land of migrations
- Mali, the host country : a tested model
- African culture(s): a different image of the continent
- The 22 conferences of heads of state from France and Africa
- The players in France's cooperation