ECOWAS – Election of the Ghanaian chair (March 29, 2014)
France congratulates President John Dramani Mahama on his election as chair of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
He replaces Côte d’Ivoire President Alassane Ouattara, to whom we pay tribute for his action over the last two years, during which ECOWAS notably played a critical role in resolving the Malian crisis and the transition in Guinea Bissau.
We wish President Mahama every success in exercising his mandate as chairman of ECOWAS.
- More information...
- A changing partnership
- African continent topping the international agenda
- "Africanisation" of peacekeeping in Africa
- Crises and conflicts
- AU and crisis management: an improving mechanism
- African balance-sheet: shortcomings in economic performance
- More aid, debt relief - focus of French cooperation
- Priority action sectors
- Reform of France's cooperation policy
- Africa: the Paris-London-Brussels axis is doing well
- African youth: a huge potential between instability and uncertainty
- Africa - land of migrations
- Mali, the host country : a tested model
- African culture(s): a different image of the continent
- The 22 conferences of heads of state from France and Africa
- The players in France's cooperation